1 Summary of key points
Consent and opting-out
If you do not provide your consent, or if you withdraw your consent to our use of your Personal Information, it may mean we are unable to provide you with the same services, offers, or discounts that we would otherwise be able to provide.
What Personal Information we collect
The Personal Information we collect about you may include your name, contact details, and billing information, but may also include information about the goods and services you buy from us, and how you interact with us (for example, how you access and use our websites or mobile applications).
How we collect your Personal Information
We collect Personal Information about you directly from you or by your use of our websites or mobile applications, from public sources, and in some cases from third party ticketing and event organisations.
How we use your Personal Information
Our policy is to use your Personal Information to deliver our products and services to you, to improve our services, and to market products and services to you. In some cases, we share your Personal Information with third parties who perform these activities or do so on our behalf.
How and where we store your Personal Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to secure your Personal Information from unauthorised access, and to ensure the people we share your data with do the same. Third parties to whom we send your data may be located in or operate data centres located in Australia, the European Union, Hong Kong, India, Japan, The Philippines, New Zealand, Singapore, Sri Lanka, United Kingdom, or United States of America
Accessing, correcting, or deleting your Personal Information
Accessing, correcting, or deleting your Personal Information
You can request access to, correction, or deletion of your Personal Information or withdraw your consent to our use of your Personal Information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2 The EVENT Group
Event Hospitality & Entertainment Ltd and its related bodies corporate (the EVENT Group) own, co-own, operate and/or manage a range of premier entertainment, hospitality, and leisure businesses, including:
- EVENT cinemas, Rialto cinemas, Moonlight cinemas, Greater Union cinemas, BCC Cinemas, GU Film House and the State Theatre and Embassy Theatre;
- Cinebuzz On Demand streaming service;
- Rydges Hotels, QT Hotels and Resorts, Atura Hotels, Independent Collection by Event and the Thredbo Alpine Resort;
- JUCY Snooze; and
- loyalty programs, including Cinebuzz Rewards and Priority Guest Rewards.
The EVENT Group understands and appreciates that you are concerned about your privacy and about the confidentiality and security of your Personal Information, and is committed to ensuring your Personal Information is protected.
If you do not provide consent, or if you withdraw your consent to our use of your Personal Information, it may mean we are unable to provide you with the same services or the same level of service that we would otherwise be able to provide. For example, we may not be able to provide you with personalised recommendations, or with exclusive or discounted offers.
4 Personal Information we collect
The types of Personal Information we collect depend on what services you use and products you acquire. It may include:
- identifying information, such as your name, gender and date of birth;
- contact information, such as your postal address, email address and telephone numbers;
- social media handles and other social media profile information that you make available to us or to the public;
- billing and financial information, such as credit card, bank account or other payment details;
- details of any products or services that you purchase from us or that we provide to you;
- information about how you use the products and services we provide, such as:
- your cinema or movie preferences; or
- your accommodation, travel, and meal preferences;
- records of our communications with you, including any messages or enquiries you send us (either through the website or through other means);
- information about how you access and use our websites or mobile applications, such as your IP address and internet service provider, the web page you visit us from, web browser, navigation patterns on our websites, device identity and location, operating system, or device configuration; and
- additional information, including your image, collected via Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) systems used at venues we operate.
5 How Personal Information is collected and held
5.1 Personal Information
We collect Personal Information about you:
- when you purchase products or services from us at one of our venues or through our websites or mobile applications (such as when you purchase movie or theatre tickets, book accommodation, or purchase Thredbo lift tickets online);
- when you sign up to become a member of one of our loyalty programs;
- when you submit feedback, a query or request to us;
- when you participate in a promotion, competition, or survey that we run;
- when you fill in forms on our website or at one of our venues;
- when you check-in at one of our hotels or resorts;
- when you sign-up to receive our emails, newsletters, information about our special offers, and/or any other promotional material;
- by tracking your use of our websites or mobile applications;
- through our CCTV systems at our venues;
- when you access or use Wi-Fi portals owned or operated by us;
- from public sources;
- from third parties who are entitled to disclose that information to us (including third party ticketing and events organisations such as Ticketmaster Australasia Pty Ltd); and
- when you apply for a job with us.
5.2 Sensitive information
Generally, we do not collect sensitive information. In rare circumstances, however, we may collect sensitive information about you, for example:
- if you engage in a high-risk leisure activity at a venue we operate and complete a medical release form;
- in the event you are involved in an accident, injury, or incident at one of our venues; and
- as required to comply with any law, regulation or Federal or State government order or direction including in respect of a pandemic, epidemic (including Covid-19) or a state of emergency.
Any use of sensitive information we collect from you may be subject to additional restrictions outside this policy.
5.3 CCTV and Live Snow WebCams
You may be recorded on CCTV cameras at EVENT Group venues (including Live Snow WebCams at the Thredbo Alpine Resort). Footage from CCTV cameras and from Live Snow WebCams may be recorded and used if required for safety and / or security purposes, for research purposes, and for optimising the delivery of our products and services. Footage from the Live Snow WebCams is publicly available on the Thredbo website at www.thredbo.com.au, as well as a number of websites operated by third parties.
6 Purposes for which we use or disclose Personal Information
We use Personal Information that you provide to us:
- to help you access the services or acquire the goods the EVENT Group provides;
- to provide you with information and offers in relation to goods and services offered by the EVENT Group that may be of interest to you (including information and offers in relation to the EVENT Group’s hotel, resort, cinema, theatre and ski resort businesses);
- to improve our products and services and tailor them to your interests;
- to determine your eligibility or suitability for any of our products or services;
- when you purchase a product through or view a product on our websites, to display to you offers of goods and services from third parties that may be appropriate to your interests;
- to modify advertising (including re-marketing) shown on our websites so that it is customised or more relevant to your interests, characteristics or general location;
- to answer your feedback, queries and requests;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations in respect of your Personal Information (including your sensitive information) under any law, regulation or Federal or State government order or direction including in respect of a pandemic, epidemic (including COVID-19) or a state of emergency;
- to develop and improve our existing products and services and create new products and services (including by carrying out market analysis and research);
- to monitor use of our products and services (including our websites);
- to improve customer service and our customer relationships;
- to assess, maintain, upgrade and improve our products and services;
- to carry out education and training programs for our staff;
- to manage and resolve any legal or commercial complaints or issues;
- to carry out planning and forecasting activities and other internal business processes; and
- for marketing purposes in accordance with part 8 below, and to keep you informed about our activities and promotional offers, including by sending out newsletters and emails.
We may also use your Personal Information for other purposes as authorised by you, or in accordance with your requests or instructions.
7 People to whom we disclose Personal Information
We may share Personal Information about you with:
- your representatives, advisers and others you have authorised to interact with us on your behalf;
- our staff who need the information to discharge their duties;
- EVENT Group companies including our cinema, hotel, resort and ski resort operating companies;
- the owners (and their employees and representatives) of hotels and resorts that EVENT Group companies manage, grant a licence to or provide services to;
- our business partners, agents and service providers (including information technology service providers, data hosting and processing companies, loyalty, data and research companies, fraud detection, prevention and security service providers and social media channel operators);
- our Marketing Partners, as outlined in part 8 below;
- if you are or become a Priority Guest Rewards (PGR) Member, with the Global Hotel Alliance (based in the United Arab Emirates);
- payment system operators, banks and financial institutions;
- prospective purchasers of all or part of our business assets or shares in our company or a related entity;
- professional advisers who we engage to provide advice on our business; and
- government and law enforcement bodies and authorities who ask us to disclose that information, or to other people as required to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations in respect of your Personal Information (including your sensitive information) under any law, regulation or Federal or State government order or direction including in respect of a pandemic, epidemic (including COVID-19) or a state of emergency.
8.1 How the EVENT Group markets its services to you
We may from time to time use your Personal Information in order to send you marketing materials about products or services that you may be interested in (including in some cases products and services that are provided by third parties). You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us using the details in the “contact us” section below, or by following the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the communication you receive from us.
8.2 Our Marketing Partners
The EVENT Group will from time to time engage trusted third-party marketing and media partners and programmatic or display vendors (collectively Marketing Partners) to:
- send you marketing or promotional content and offers that you may be interested in;
- deliver to you personalised advertisements or targeted promotional content via email, online, or via social media platforms.
Promotional content and personalised advertisements may be for goods or services provided by businesses outside the EVENT Group.
The Marketing Partners we work with include but are not limited to:
9 Overseas disclosure
Third parties to whom we may disclose Personal Information may be located outside Australia. The EVENT Group, its affiliates, service providers, and related entities use data storage facilities in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.
Our Marketing Partners are located and/or use data storage facilities located outside Australia, in the following countries/jurisdictions: the European Union, Hong Kong, India, Japan, The Philippines, New Zealand, Singapore, Sri Lanka, United Kingdom and the United States of America.
10.1 What is Cookie Information?
We may collect information and data when you visit our website using cookies, tags, pixels and other similar technologies (Cookie Information). Cookie Information includes pieces of information that a website can transfer to an individual’s computer hard drive for record keeping, such as the IP address of a user’s computer, the URL of a page visited and the time the page was visited by the user. The collection and use of Cookie Information is an industry standard and many websites collect this information.
Cookie Information is useful for facilitating a user’s access to and use of a website. It allows us to track usage patterns and compile data that can help us improve our services.
Cookie Information is useful to advertisers because it helps them understand their advertising audience, and to deliver advertising.
10.2 How do we use Cookie Information?
We may use Cookie Information, or engage third parties who collect similar information and data from publicly available sources, to deliver or modify advertising (including re-marketing) that is customised or more relevant to your interests, characteristics or general location (Targeted Advertising).
In order to carry out Targeted Advertising we may build a user and/or device profile by:
- using Cookie Information and de-identified system information that we hold;
- using device-matching technologies that utilise mobile device advertising identifiers as well as Cookie Information; and
- engaging or working with third parties who provide the EVENT Group with information about you collected from publicly available sources or from their own databases.
We may also work with other companies to advertise their products and services online using Cookie Information. When we provide Cookie Information to third parties, we take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that the information is de-identified.
10.3 To whom do we disclose Cookie Information?
Examples of third parties that we may work with and disclose Cookie Information to include external companies and agencies that provide programmatic advertising services, specialist data companies, advertising platform providers, advertising servers, data partners, specialist data providers and social media operators such as Facebook.
10.4 How can you control Cookie Information?
The settings of most web browsers can be modified to prevent the collection of Cookie Information. You can also delete Cookie Information from your device.
Most mobile devices operating common operating systems such as Android or iOS record a unique advertising identifier. This identifier may be part of the Cookie Information we collect, and can be reset in the device settings.
11 Storage and security of your Personal Information
We generally store the Personal Information that we collect in electronic databases, some of which may be held on our behalf by third party data storage providers located in the countries identified in section 9 of this policy.
We may also, at times, keep hard copy records of Personal Information in physical storage facilities. We use a range of physical and technical security processes and procedures to protect the confidentiality and security of the Personal Information that we hold, and we update these from time to time to address new and emerging security threats.
12 Access to and correction of Personal Information
You have a right to access and correct most of the Personal Information we hold about you. If you wish to access or correct your Personal Information, please contact us via the details provided in the “contact us” section below.
To protect the integrity and security of the Personal Information we hold, we may ask that you follow a defined access procedure, which may include steps to verify your identity. In certain cases we may charge you an administration fee for providing you with access to the information you have asked for, but we will inform you of this before proceeding. There may be cases where we are unable to provide the information you request, such as where it would interfere with the privacy of others or result in a breach of confidentiality. In these cases we will let you know why we cannot comply with your request.
If you have an account with any of our businesses, receive newsletters or marketing materials or if you are a member of any loyalty program we operate, you can also contact us or update your profile online:
- Cinebuzz (Australia): https://www.eventcinemas.com.au/cinebuzz/landing
- Cinebuzz (New Zealand): https://www.eventcinemas.co.nz/cinebuzz/landing
- Priority Guest Rewards: https://www.priorityguestrewards.com.au/
- Rydges Hotels: https://www.rydges.com/
- Atura Hotels: https://www.aturahotels.com/
- QT Hotels & Resorts: https://www.qthotels.com/
- Independent Collection by EVENT: https://www.independentcollection.com.au
- Thredbo: https://www.thredbo.com.au
- State Theatre: https://www.statetheatre.com.au/
- Edge Content & Technology: https://www.edgect.com.au/
13 Changes to this policy
We may make changes to this policy from time to time, to take into account changes to our standard practices and procedures or where necessary to comply with new laws and regulations. The latest version of this policy will always be available on our website.
We try to meet the highest standards in order to protect your privacy. However, if you are concerned about the way in which we are managing your Personal Information and think we may have breached the Australian Privacy Principles, the Information Privacy Principles (NZ), or any other relevant obligation, please contact us using the contact details set out below. Complaints must be lodged in writing. We will deal with the matter within a reasonable time, and will keep you informed of the progress of our investigation.
If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time or if you feel that your complaint has not been resolved satisfactorily, you can contact us to discuss your concerns.
In respect of Personal Information we collect in Australia, you are also entitled to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). Contact details can be found at the OAIC website: https://www.oaic.gov.au/.
In respect of Personal Information we collect in New Zealand, you are also entitled to make a complaint to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner (OPC). Contact details can be found at the OPC website: www.privacy.org.nz.
15 Contact us
By email: email@example.com; or
Event Hospitality & Entertainment Ltd
478 George Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Updated March 2021